The safety of our staff, customers and their families remain our top priority. As a business we must do everything we can to ensure the health of our nation and prevent the spread of the virus where possible. We also will be requiring all customers to follow these guidelines to help keep ourself and our customers safe.
In order to protect our customers we have put the following measures in place:
- Teams will be working in pairs to ensure that the same people work together when moving bulky items and furniture.
- No work will be carried out by our staff if they show any coronavirus symptoms, however mild. We will be operating a temperature test on all staff every day before we go to work. If any staff member shows signs of a temperature or any other symptoms they will be sent home immediately.
- Our teams will wash their hands at regular intervals throughout the day. We have supplied all staff with hand sanitizer.
- We will bring their own refreshments with us to work, whilst we appreciate the offer of refreshments we will be refusing any offer as a precaution so please don't be offended.
As the customer we will require you to make some changes to help us accommodate your move:
- If any member of the household is showing symptoms of coronavirus or self-isolating you must contact us and make us aware before your move.
- We are seeking to minimise contact with homeowners and tenants. We must remain 2metres apart from householders at all times. To help with this we are requesting that all customers vacate the premises during the move. We would ask that when we arrive you show your driver around the property and explain what needs to be moved. We must maintain a minimum of 2m distance at all times. Once you have shown the driver your property we would request that you vacate the premises whilst we carry out the move to ensure we comply with social distancing rules. Please also ensure that all your belongings are fully packed and labelled as this will help us put your items in the desired rooms. You can find more advice for packing your items in our packing guidelines.
- We will ask customers to ensure all internal doors are open and surfaces and possessions have been cleaned with household cleaning products prior to us entering the property. The cleanliness of your property is really important to ensure our staff's safety. It is your responsibility to ensure that your property is cleaned before our arrival, if it has not been cleaned we reserve the right to refuse to carry out your move. This would be at the discretion of our drivers and you would be liable for any cost we incur from your failure to prepare your property including a call out fee to cover our time.
- Once we have left your property we would recommend that you clean and wipe down all surfaces and items that have been moved as a precaution
- We are not able to transport any customers or pets in our vehicles. Please ensure you have made suitable travel arrangements to move yourself between your properties in a timely manner. Any time spent waiting for you will be charged at our normal rates.
It is important that you make sure all guidance is followed so we can carry out our jobs safely and reduce the risk as much as possible to our customers and staff. We require you to follow this guidance so we can carry out your move. If you fail to follow the guidance set out we reserve the right to stop your move at any point with immediate effect. The decision is solely at the discretion of our staff and we will support their decision as it is their responsibility to assess the risks. If we deem that you have failed to comply causing us to stop work you will be liable for the cost of any time we have spent already on your job with a minimum call out charge of 2 hours work
By booking your move with us you have acknowledged and agreed to abide by the terms we have set out in our terms and conditions and this guidance. If you are unable to follow this guidance then please contact us immediately so we can discuss making appropriate arrangements or cancel your booking.
Please stay safe.
Bearded Bros Limited